A patched version of Eastern Sun 3.00, which fixes many bugs including D2 crash, improves the game balance and adds new features.
In R6, chacaters have more skill points. You can convert old characters by the character utility installed in Start Menu. Please make sure to unsummon Metal Golem before you convert a Necromancer.
Let's visit Eastern Sun Wiki to share the knowledge of Eastern Sun!
R6D Full Version (79MB)
(Download es300_R6D_full.zip, 03/20/2008) Updated
No patch version is available because of the installer change. Please install R6D full version even if you have applied the unofficial R6B -> R6D patch posted at the forum.
R6C Full Version (78MB)
(Download es300_R6C_full.zip, 02/28/2008) OLD VERSION
CAUTION: When you play multiplayer games, use the same version as the host uses.
Beta of R6D Mac Version (incl. Quest Reward & Merc Fix) (77MB)
(Download es300_R6D_mac_debug4.zip, 03/01/2008) Updated
This is basically the same thing as Windows R6D full, but some players have reported that re-equipping Damage Augmenter can cause a crash on Mac. If you need a very stable version, please wait some more.
Changes in ES 3.00 R6D
Features of ES 3.00 R (Outdated)
White: The original features of ES 3.00
Pale Bule: Fixed, improved or rebalanced in this patch
Blue: Added in this patch
- The original LoD is automatically backup and restored.
- A smart launcher which runs ES on LoD 1.10, 1.11 and 1.11b, and launches 2 instances of ES correctly.
- A utility (ES 3.00 R preference) to choose Aura Graphics, Automap Setting, Life/Mana Orb Graphics and /nopickup setting.
- A utility (Gamble Filter) to limit the items on the gamble screen. (SP only)
- PlugY for the shared stash, skill/stat point reallocation, etc. (PlugY 5.06 is installed because any newer PlugY causes TCP/IP troubles.)
- D2Mod system MercMod plugin for fully equippable hirelings.
- D2Mod system GemFix plugin to fix the gem stats descriptions.
- D2Mod system Utility plugin to make /playersx command accept up to /players16.
- Cow Level Waypoint Plugin. Jail WP is replaced by Cow Level WP.
- Increased the maximum character level (slightly) to 100.
- Expanded inventory (11x9), stash (10x10) and Horadric Cube (10x8).
- Doubled the amount of gold in inventory, quadrupled in stash.
- Increased the resistance penalty in NM (-60%) and in Hell (-150%).
- New graphics for the title screen, etc.
- Tweaked the starting gears, character's stats and level/stat bonuses.
- Characters start with the Horadric Cube.
- Some maps of Act 2, Act 3 and Act 5 are altered. Map
- Some areas are renewed and filled with strong monsters for uber players. Map
- Amazon and Barbarian run faster. (They are the slowest class in LoD.)
- Amazon's slow block bug with 1H swing weapon is fixed.
- 46 new Runes based on Japanese Hiragana.
- A new gem type Obsidian.
- A new gem grade Blemished (between Flawless and Perfect).
- All gems have multiple and much improved stats.
- All gems are sold at vendors.
- 720+ new Unique Items besides all LoD Uniques.
- 240+ new Runewords and Gemwords besides all LoD Runewords.
- 75 new Item Sets (248 Pieces) including upgradable mercenary sets.
- Many new base items with cool graphics and nice stats (Assassin Katana, etc.).
- All base items are rebalanced and improved. All elite items are renamed.
- Gloves, Belts and Boots can be spawned with 1-2 sockets.
- Helms can be spawned with 1-4 sockets.
- Body Armor can be spawned with 1-6 sockets.
- Rings, Amulets, Charms and Quivers can have a socket by the cube recipes.
- Cheap unsocketing Recipes without destroying socketables.
- Many recipes like D-Stoning, Forging, Gem Melding and Tikering to enhance items in various ways (skill bonus, ED, leech, max hp/mana, and even an aura for some items).
- Recipes to reroll various items (ex. 7 magic rings -> a rare ring).
- Recipes to make Unique Items and Set Items (for normal and exceptional items).
- Recipes to make sockets on various items (normal/magic/rare/set/unique).
- New powerful craft recipes for each class.
- All LoD craft recipes are also available with doubled fixed mods and a socket.
- Rune upgrade recipes now requires only 2 runes. Added Rune downgrade recipes.
- Improved magic affixes. Now some affixes have powerful "per level" property.
- Added many new affixes including powerful auras, oskills and CtC skills.
- Magic, rare and unique quivers are spawnable.
- Rare charms are spawnable.
- A special normal charm with 1-3 sockets is cubable.
- All Gemwords and some Runewords work for quivers and the special charm.
- Carrying multiple Unique Charms of the same kind reduces character's life to 1.
- Equipping any piece of Mercenary Sets reduces character's life to 1.
- The buying price of NPC is halved, but the cap is raised by 10000G.
- You can remove unwanted RIP and Freeze effect from an item.
- You can cube a negative MF charm to find more normal items (for Runewords).
- Ancient Scrolls 1-50: Let you use the secret cube recipes.
- Ancient Decipherers: Cube with an Ancient Scroll to identify.
- Dragon Stones: Used in cube recipes. Transmutable into other forms cyclically.
- Ancient Coupons: 3 Coupons make a LoD unique, which never drops in ES.
- Ancient Decals: Transmute an ES rune to a LoD rune, which never drops in ES.
- Monster's Organs: Used for Tinkering and some other recipes.
- GemGem Can and other Stockers: Saves the storage space mainly for Mac users.
- Tokenizer: Tokenize any weapons and armor to save the storage space.
- 30% chance for Rares, 5% chance for Sets and 5% chance for Uniques.
- Greatly reduced the gamble cost of expensive items (heavy armor, etc.).
- Greatly increased the chance for Exceptionals and Elites.
- *Important* Exceptional items can be gambled only in Nightmare.
- *Important* Elite items can be gambled only in Hell.
- Akara gives 2 skill points for Den and a magic/rare SC for rescuing Cain.
- The Horadric Cube chest in the Halls of Dead drops a Decipherer per player.
- Ormus gives a Rare Jewel for Gidbinn.
- Mephisto drops Decipherers instead of Soulstones. (Cain gives a Soulstone.)
- Hellforge quest drops better runes. Up to r28 (Norm), r35 (NM), r42 (Hell).
- Qual-Kehk gives a kit of materials for Class Craft for rescuing Barbs.
- Anya gives an cubing material which makes a Unique Item for rescuing her.
- Hirelings can equip gloves, a belt, boots, rings and an amulet.
- Hirelings use more various skills, including BO, Fanaticism and Conviction. Hirelings Skills
- Increased all monsters' level, life, defense, damage, AR and experience.
- Monsters are reallocated and new monsters are added, including Black Knight, Goatman Lord, Beholder, D1 Succubus, King Leoric, Belhifeit and Cyclops.
- Monster's Iron Maiden is almost harmless (reflects only 20% damage).
- Changed some demons and undead into animals.
- Increased Magic Immune monsters in Hell.
- FE monster's death explosion damage on its death is generally reduced.
- Act Bosses aren't spawned with multiple shot, to avoid the heavy graphic lag.
- Act Bosses, Ancient Barbs and Lister aren't spawned with FE.
- Diablo Clone can be spawned in single and TCP/IP games.
- Zakarum Zealots never flee even after you smashed the Compelling Orb.
- All drops, especially the drops of high runes are improved.
- The first kill drop of Act Bosses is much improved.
- Cow King drops 8 Dragon Stones at the first kill.
- The panther woman nearby the Horadric Cube chest drops a Forging Hammer.
(50% chance in Normal, 75% chance in NM and 100% chance in Hell)
- The Ancients at the Arreat Summit drop a Decipherer.
(20% chance in Normal, 40% chance in NM and 60% chance in Hell)
- Countess drops better runes. Up to r12 (Norm), r27 (NM), r42 (Hell).
- Izual has a slightly increased chance to drop Ancient Scrolls.
- Belhifets and Cyclops have a slightly increased chance to drop Runes.
- Sand Raiders and its family have a slightly increased chance to drop Coupons.
- Unique monsters have a slim chance to drop all pieces of a set. (Set Jackpot)
- Unique monsters have a slim chance to drop a bunch of Runes. (Rune Jackpot)
- Unique monsters have a slim chance to drop a bunch of Coupons. (Coupon Jackpot)
- Increased the amount of dropped gold and reduced the chance.
- Reduced the chance of annoying junks (pots, quivers, etc.) to drop.
- Diablo Clone drops a Magic, Rare or Unique Charm, or a Maple Leaf.
- Improved and modified most skills. 5 additional skills for each class.
- Improved skill descriptions. Many hidden skill effects are now displayed.
- Some utility skills like warcries and Teleport are castable in town.
- Inner Sight reduces enemy's defense and physical resistance by percentage.
- Multiple Shot triggers CtC effect more often. (trigger arrows 2 -> 3)
- Fend attacks much faster.
- Fend, Fire Strike, Shadow Strike, Lightning Strike and Dance of Death can be used with any melee weapon.
- Jab and Viper Bite can be used with any thrust weapon.
- Javelin skills can be used with any throwing weapon.
- D/A/E also gives Defense vs. Melee, Defense vs. Missile and Defense Bonus.
- D/A/E takes only 1 frame with 2H melee weapons and 4 frames with 1H weapons.
- Oskill D/A/E grants only 2/3 D/A/E chance.
- [Changed] Fire Arrow -> Poison Arrow (poison damage)
- [Changed] Ice Arrow -> Lightning Arrow (lightning damage)
- [Changed] Power Strike -> Fire Strike (fire damage)
- [Changed] Charged Strike -> Shadow Strike (magic damage)
- [Changed] Impale -> Viper Bite (slow attack, huge poison damage)
- [Changed] Poison Javelin -> Pyre Javelin (exploding fire damage)
- [Changed] Lightning Bolt -> Frost Javelin (freezing cold damage)
- [New] Eagle Eye (BoS like skill, slow attack, greatly increased damage and CB)
- [New] Legendary Arrow (piercing Guided Arrow in 1.09 with some penalty)
- [New] Dance of Death (Spearazon's Whirlwind, less damage, stun)
- [New] Fire Wall (formerly a Sorceress skill)
- [New] Frost Nova (formerly a Sorceress skill)
*Whirlwind isn't affected by off-weapon IAS, so Eagle Eye works fine with DoD.
- Cloak of Shadows darkens the screen no longer.
- Reduced the chance and length of conversion of Mind Blast.
- Shadow Master doesn't cast Mind Blast and Cloak of Shadows.
- Traps are correctly boosted by elemental pierce and elemental damage bonus.
- [Changed] Claw Mastery -> Melee Mastery (works with any melee weapon)
- [Changed] Psychic Hammer -> Psychic Slash (increased damage)
- [Changed] Fire Blast -> Cold Blast (cold damage trap)
- [Changed] Blade Fury -> Poison Stream (poison damage missile)
- [Changed] Inferno Sentry -> Steam Sentry (magic damage trap)
- [New] Shade Armor (Fade like skill, good DR% and Def bonus, no resist bonus)
- [New] Iaigiri (2H Weapons only, uninterruptible attack, finishing move)
- [New] Shuriken (Strafe like skill, throws Throwing Knives to multiple targets)
- The skill trees are rearranged. Combat Skills and Warcries are rearranged into Highland Skills and Tribal Skills.
- Each melee mastery boosts another weapon mastery as much as itself by synergy, for more flexible dual wielding and weapon swapping.
- Sword Mastery boosts Axe Mastery.
- Axe Mastery boosts Mace Mastery.
- Mace Mastery boosts Sword Mastery. (These 3 cover most dual wielding combo.)
- Pole Arm Mastery boosts Spear Mastery.
- Spear Mastery boosts Axe Mastery. (for Javelin and Throwing Axe combo)
- [Changed] Increase Stamina -> Strength of the Ancients (passive, Str and CB)
- [Changed] Increase Speed -> Vigor of the Ancients (passive, Vit and FRW)
- [Changed] Find Potion -> Luck of the Ancients (passive, MF and Gold)
- [Changed] Find Item -> Find Treasure (improved chance to find magic items)
- [Changed] Grim Ward -> Magic Throw (throwing version of Magic Arrow)
- [New] Ancients' Call (warcry, reduces enemys' resistance)
- [New] Phantom Hatchets (throwing version of Multiple Shot)
- [New] Berserk Fury (magic damage version of Lightning Fury)
- The caps of summoned minions can be increased by the synergies.
- Elemental skills, especially Arctic Blast and Molten Boulder are much improved.
- Volcano, Molten Boulder, Fire Storm and Arctic Blast are castable in wereform.
- Warcries, Assassin Auras, armor spells, Teleport, Inner Sight, Slow Missiles, Summons and other utility spells of other classes are castable in wereform.
- [Changed] Werebear -> Elemental Form (graphics change, Fire Elemental)
- [Changed] Summon Grizzly -> Summon Water Elemental (graphics change)
- [Changed] Lycanthropy -> Shape Shifting Mastery (name change)
- [Changed] Twister -> Creeping Doom (physical and magic damage, many missiles)
- [Changed] Fissure -> Earth Spike (physical and magic damage)
- [Changed] Armageddon -> Acid Rain (poison and magic damage)
- [New] Iron Claws (wereform skill, ignores and damages target's defense)
- [New] Sand Storm (Nova like wind skill)
- [New] Cow Balloon (spammable rubber moo moo decoy)
- Iron Maiden reduces the physical resistance of targets by 50%.
- Amplify Damage reduces the physical resistance of targets by 100-150%.
- Decrepify reduces the physical resistance of targets by 50-100%.
- Lower Resist only reduces enemy's Fire, Cold, and Lightning resistance by
itself, but reduces enemy's Poison and Magic resistance by synergy.
- Added physical damage to Poison Explosion and Poison Nova.
- One of each golem type can be summoned at once.
- [Changed] Iron Golem -> Metal Golem (graphics change)
- [Changed] Raise Skeletal Mage -> Raise Vampire (casts improved spells)
- [Changed] Poison Dagger -> Poison Slash (can be used with any melee weapon)
- [Changed] Bone Spear -> Frozen Spear (cold damage)
- [Changed] Teeth -> Bone Wave (launches a bone wall, magic damage, knockback)
- [New] Pierce Flesh & Bone (curse, reduces enemy's poison and magic resistance)
- [New] Killer Scythe (pole arm version Fend)
- [New] Hell's Gate (Nova like skill, magic damage)
- Vigor also increases the maximum life of the party.
- Cleansing also regenerate the life of the party.
- Thorns also grants Open Wounds and Prevent Monster Heal to the party.
- Conversion also deals Poison Damage over the conversion length.
- [Changed] Sanctuary -> Protection From Evil (knockback, vs undead/demons bonus)
- [Changed] Blessed Aim -> Annihilation (crushing blow, IAS, PMH)
- [Changed] Resist Fire -> Protection From Fire (fire absorb, max fire res, DR%)
- [Changed] Resist Cold -> Protection From Cold (cold absorb, max cold res, DR%, CNB)
- [Changed] Resist Ltng -> Protection From Lightning (lightning absorb, max lightning res, DR%)
- [New] Aura of Divinity (skill bonus, exp bonus)
- [New] Arrow of Confession (bow skill, RIP, magic damage)
- [New] Sacred Piercer (bow skill, pierce, vs undead/demons bonus)
- Cold Mastery increases the cold damage instead of reducing enemy's resistance.
- [Changed] Frozen Armor -> Shock Armor (lightning spell)
- [New] Aerial Guard (BoS like skill, fast block, fast recovery, slow cast rate)
- [Changed] Fire Wall -> Flame Wave (moving fire wall)
- [Changed] Shiver Armor -> Fire Shield (fire damage, higher Def bonus)
- [Changed] Nova -> Immolation (fire damage)
- [Changed] Thunder Storm -> Meteor Shower (fire damage)
- [Changed] Hydra -> Lightning Hydra (lightning damage)
- [Changed] Warmth -> Soul Shiver (name change, moved to cold tree)
- [Changed] Frost Nova -> Ice Nova (improved cold damage)
- [New] Time Stop (freezes all non-boss monsters in the screen)
- [New] Fanatic Swing (Zeal like skill, less damage, faster swing)
- [New] Aerial Guard (BoS like skill, fast block, fast recovery, slow cast rate)